August 14, 2014


Residents Needing Assistance

Affected families on Hawaii Island needing assistance from volunteers can call (808) 464-3175 between the hours of 8am and 4pm. Anyone looking to volunteer their services is also encouraged to call that number.

To Report Damage

Hawaii residents can call (808) 935-0031 to report damage and (808) 961-8790 for any emergency water concerns. The number for the HELCO help line is (808) 969-6666. 

Federal Disaster Assistance for Farmers and Agricultural Producers 

Non-Insured Crop Disaster Assistance (NAP) helps to offset production losses for those producers who were signed-up in advance.

Tree Assistance Program (TAP) is available for qualifying fruit orchardists of papaya, banana and tropical fruits.  The program provides cost share to clean up and replant.

Emergency Conservation Program (ECP) can assist farmers and ranchers with the clean-up of field damage to farms and ranches including debris removal and fence replacement.  This program must be authorized by FSA’s National Office and based upon assessed impacts. 

Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP) helps offset ranchers’ losses of cattle, goats or sheep. 

Farm Loan Programs offers a range of low-interest loan programs to assist producers.  Additionally, producers with existing loans with FSA should contact their loan officer once they anticipate having problems making their regular payments, as FSA may be able to modify their payment schedule or meet other needs.